HEALTH AND SAFETY
PREVENTION OF MINORS' ACCESS TO TOBACCO
39-5702. Definitions. The terms used in this chapter are defined as follows:
(1) "Business" means any company, partnership, firm, sole proprietorship, association, corporation, organization, or other legal entity, or a representative of the foregoing entities.
(2) "Delivery sale" means to distribute tobacco products or electronic cigarettes to a consumer in a state where either: (a) the individual submits the order for such sale by means of a telephonic or other method of voice transmission, data transfer via computer networks, including the internet and other online services, or facsimile, or the mails; or (b) the tobacco products or electronic cigarettes are delivered by use of the mails or a delivery service.
(3) "Delivery service" means any person who is engaged in the commercial delivery of letters, packages or other containers.
(4) "Department" means the state department of health and welfare or its duly authorized representative.
(5) "Distribute" means to give, deliver, sell, offer to give, offer to deliver, offer to sell or cause any person to do the same or hire any person to do the same.
(6) "Electronic cigarette" means any device that can provide an inhaled dose of nicotine by delivering a vaporized solution. "Electronic cigarette" includes the components of an electronic cigarette including, but not limited to, liquid nicotine.
(7) "Minor" means a person under eighteen (18) years of age.
(8) "Minor exempt permit" means a permittee location whose revenues from the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption comprises at least fifty-five percent (55%) of total revenues, or whose products and services are primarily obscene, pornographic, profane or sexually oriented, is exempt from inspections assisted by a minor, if minors are not allowed in the location and such prohibition is posted clearly on all entrance doors.
(9) "Permit" means a permit issued by the department for the sale or distribution of tobacco products.
(10) "Permittee" means the holder of a valid permit for the sale or distribution of tobacco products.
(11) "Photographic identification" means state, district, territorial, possession, provincial, national or other equivalent government driver's license, identification card or military card, in all cases bearing a photograph and a date of birth, or a valid passport.
(12) "Random unannounced inspection" means an inspection of retail outlets by a law enforcement agency or by the department, with or without the assistance of a minor, to monitor compliance of this chapter.
(13) "Seller" means the person who physically sells or distributes tobacco products or electronic cigarettes.
(14) "Tobacco product" means any substance that contains tobacco including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff, smoking tobacco, tobacco papers or smokeless tobacco.
(15) "Vending machine" means any mechanical, electronic or other similar device which, upon the insertion of tokens, money or any other form of payment, dispenses tobacco products or electronic cigarettes.
(16) "Vendor assisted sales" means any sale or distribution in which the customer has no access to the product except through the assistance of the seller.
(17) "Without a permit" means a business that has failed to obtain a permit or a business whose permit is suspended or revoked.
[39-5702, added 1998, ch. 418, sec. 2, p. 1317; am. 2003, ch. 159, sec. 1, p. 449; am. 2003, ch. 273, sec. 1, p. 728; am. 2004, ch. 318, sec. 5, p. 897; am. 2012, ch. 39, sec. 1, p. 118.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.