49-905. Head lamps on motor vehicles. (1) Every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with at least two (2) head lamps with at least one (1) on each side of the front of the motor vehicle. The head lamps shall comply with the requirements and limitations set forth in this chapter.
(2) Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall be equipped with at least one (1) and not more than two (2) head lamps which shall comply with the requirements and limitations of this chapter.
(3) Every head lamp upon every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle, shall be located at a height measured from the center of the head lamp of not more than fifty-four (54) inches nor less than twenty-four (24) inches to be measured as set forth in section 49-904(2), Idaho Code.
(4) No person shall operate any motor vehicle on the highways with head lamps which are composed of, covered by, or treated with any material, substance, system, or component which, when such head lamps are not in operation, is highly reflective or otherwise opaque and nontransparent.
(5) No person shall have for sale, sell, or offer for sale any motor vehicles with head lamps that are in violation of the provisions of this section.
(6) Nothing in this section shall be construed to make illegal the operation or sale of any motor vehicle, the head lamps of which are composed of, covered by, or treated with any material, substance, system, or component with which the motor vehicle was sold when new or could have been equipped for sale when new as standard or optional equipment under any United States government statute or regulation governing the sale at the time of manufacture.
(7) Any person convicted of a violation of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an infraction.