REVENUE AND TAXATION
63-3022O. Adjustment -- Property acquired after September 10, 2001 -- Small business expenses -- Limitations on assessments and refunds. For taxable years commencing on and after January 1, 2001, in computing Idaho taxable income:
(1) The adjusted basis of depreciable property, depreciation and gains and losses from sale, exchange or other disposition of depreciable property acquired after September 10, 2001, and before December 31, 2007, shall be computed without regard to subsection (k) of section 168 of the Internal Revenue Code and the adjusted basis of depreciable property, depreciation and gains and losses shall be computed without regard to subsection (k) of section 168 of the Internal Revenue Code, as amended by the "tax relief, unemployment insurance reauthorization and job creation act of 2010" and as amended by the "small business jobs act of 2010"; and
(2) Adjustments in computing Idaho taxable income required by subsection (1) of this section shall be made without regard to loss limitations imposed by sections 465, 469, 704(d) and 1366(d) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(3) A taxpayer's basis in an interest in a pass-through entity, amount at risk, and passive activity loss carryover shall be the same amount for purposes of the Idaho income tax act as the amount determined under the Internal Revenue Code; and
(4) Each partner, shareholder, member or beneficiary shall include in Idaho taxable income his share of the adjustments required by this section in computing Idaho taxable income of any pass-through entity; and
(5) Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 63-3068 and 63-3072, Idaho Code, the period of limitations for issuing a notice of deficiency determination or filing a claim for refund for any year for which an adjustment is required by this section shall not expire before three (3) years from the later of: (a) the due date of the return for the last taxable year an adjustment was required by this section, or (b) the date the return was filed for the last taxable year an adjustment was required by this section. Upon the expiration of the period of limitations as provided in subsections (a) and (m) of section 63-3068, Idaho Code, and subsections (b) and (h) of section 63-3072, Idaho Code, only those specific items of basis, deductions, gains or losses that are computed, without regard to subsection (k) of section 168 of the Internal Revenue Code, as required by this section shall be subject to adjustment.
[63-3022O, added 2003, ch. 350, sec. 2, p. 938; am. 2004, ch. 20, sec. 2, p. 23; am. 2007, ch. 11, sec. 1, p. 20; am. 2008, ch. 319, sec. 2, p. 882; am. 2011, ch. 1, sec. 2, p. 3; am. 2012, ch. 14, sec. 2, p. 28; am. 2012, ch. 59, sec. 1, p. 158.]
The Idaho Code is the property of the state of Idaho and is made available on the Internet as a public service. Any person who reproduces or distributes the Idaho Code for commercial purposes is in violation of the provisions of Idaho law and shall be deemed to be an infringer of the state of Idaho's copyright.